Face itThere’s no magic elixir for a better figure.
If there were, we wouldn’t need New Year’s resolutions and we’d all look great on the beach. Fortunately, it’s never too late to get back into shape. First, start with a reduced-calorie diet and add regular exercise. To transform your exercise regimen into a regular part of your daily lifestyle, follow a few simple guidelines:
- Set realistic goals and track your progress
- Exercise with a friend who is energetic and committed
- Don’t skip more than a couple of days at a time
- Try new sports or exercise routines so you won’t get stuck in a rut
- Incorporate interval and weight training to rev your metabolism
- Reward yourself when you’ve reached your goals.
There is hope on the magic elixir front as well. Research indicates that green tea and other nutrients may complement healthy eating and exercise. It’s no substitute for diet and exercise, but it may help give you the confidence you need to reach your goals.